Driving Lessons in Ipswich
Practical Driving Tests
We currently offer driving lessons in Kesgrave, Ipswich and surrounding areas. If you're looking to pass your practical driving test why not give Test Busters a call today?
You can apply for your practical driving test as soon as you have passed your theory test.
- The driving test lasts approximately 40 minutes.
- The route usually involves a variety of driving condition which may include town, country and dual carriageway driving so you can demonstrate your driving skills both at and above 30 m.p.h.
- You will also be asked to demonstrate one of the four controlled manoeuvres.
- For a short period you will be asked to demonstrate an independant drive follow road signs and makings with out instruction, you may been shown a diagram or given a group of directions, you may ask to be reminded of route if you forget.
- At the beginning of the test, when you meet the examiner, you will be expected to show him or her, your provisional driving licence, if you have recently changed address there is a section for this on the licence. This section must have been filled in on your licence
- If you don't have a photo card licence but have the old style licence you will need your passport, which must be valid.
- They may require the checking of your theory pass certificate so have it with you.
- You will be asked to read and sign a declamation which states you have lived in the UK for the required period and the car in correctly insured
- The examiner will now ask if you require your instructor to accompany you on your test or have them present for the debrief at the end of the test
- You will also be asked to read a vehicle number plate from a distance of 20.5 metres (67 feet) it is a legal requirement for you to able to do this if not the test will not continue
- At the end of the test the examiner will inform you if you have passed or failed.
- You would fail if you have made more than 15 minor driver faults, or a major fault.
- If you passed the test, the examiner will retain both parts of your licence and inform you the full licence will be sent you in the next few weeks, you retain the pass certificate which you use as a temporary licence.
- Or on your request he or she give you the pass certificate which you will need to send to the DVLA along with your provisional licence.
- If you failed the test, he or she will give you written feedback on the mistakes you made and you will have to wait ten clear working days before you can retake it.
Booking Your Test
You will be asked to give your theory test certificate number and diver number when booking your practical test.
Your test can be booked by phone 0300 200 1122
or online at: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/index.htm
At Test Busters we have a booking service for our pupils.